Organisation and actors
The success of NRP 68 depends on a number of actors from research and the administration.
The Steering Committee is responsible for running the programme - from selecting projects to scientific quality assurance to producing a synthesis at the end of the programme.
The programme manager and the president of the Steering Committee are responsible for the operational management. The head of knowledge transfer is responsible for the communication of the research results to target audiences. The representatives of the two federal offices (FOEN and ARE) work with the Steering Committee and communicate results to the administration.
The National Research Council of the SNSF is ultimately responsible for the NRP. The delegate of the Research Council acts as a link between the Research Council and the Steering Committee.
Steering Committee of NRP 68:
- Professor Emmanuel Frossard, Institute of Agricultural Sciences, ETH Zurich (President
- Professor Claire Chenu, UMR Bioemco, AgroParisTech, France
- Professor Dr. Peter de Ruiter, Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics, Universiteit van Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Dr. Annette Freibauer, Institut für Ökologischen Landbau, Bodenkultur und Ressourcenschutz, Bayerische Landesanstalt für Landwirtschaft (LfL), Germany
- Professor Bernd Hansjürgens, Helmholtz Center for Environmental Research, Leipzig-Halle and Martin-Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, Germany
- Professor Lorenz Hurni, Institute of Cartography and Geoinformation, ETH Zurich.
- Dr Michael Obersteiner, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, Austria
- Professor Kurt Roth, Institute of Environmental Physics, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Delegate of the National Research Council:
- Professor Dr. Claudia R. Binder, Laboratory for Human-Environmental Relations in Urban Systems (HERUS) IIE - ENAC – EPF Lausanne
Representatives of the Confederation:
- Stephan Scheidegger, Deputy Director Federal Office for Spatial Development (ARE)
- Dr Roland von Arx, Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN) (until November 2017)
- Dr. Bettina Hitzfeld, Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN) (as of December 2017)
- Dr Pascal Walther, Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
Head of knowledge transfer:
- Urs Steiger, texte, konzepte und beratung